WHY FACEBOOK MARKETING?
Facebook is definitely the most popular social media platform. The founder has announced that they have already reached the 2 billion mark and it’s not speculation that the numbers will surely increase over the years. Making maximum use of Facebook for marketing has, therefore, become a matter of urgency and close attention
Facebook Marketing Tutorial Step By Step
The social media revolution has definitely come to stay. The usefulness and importance of social media have grown over the years. One of those critical developments has been the use of social media marketing as a component of digital marketing. The market is now globalized and day by day, the word ‘market’ is taking up more complex meaning.
Facebook marketing can be done in three major ways by business enterprises: pages targeted Ads and groups. We look at each of these in turn, focusing on their usefulness and relevant tips to get the best out of them
Facebook affords you the opportunity to create a different type of pages, ranging from a local business page, Company, organization or institution page, Brand or Product page, and Cause or Community page. Each of these pages has its own advantage and uniqueness.
Facebook Page is made visible to the public and people can like your page. When a business page is liked, the person becomes subsequently subscribed to receive updates from you. That is, anything you post will be sent to their own personal page or news feed.
Facebook Pages are very easy to set up and are greatly advantageous especially when the business already have a base of customers that they can refer to like their page from their websites and from there use those customers as the base point from which other people get to see and like the page
Tips for successful Facebook Pages
- Ensure that all your content contains useful information that has the capacity to generate a lead, build a good relationship with people. Content should be as concise as possible, containing relevant links to your website. Content can vary from product information, announcements, company information, customers appreciation and so on
- Ensure that your profile picture is your company logo and your cover image says a whole lot about your company
- Use the ‘About’ section to give eye-catching persuasive information about your company and what you do.
- Create other custom tabs that are relevant to your business. Apart from the ‘About us’, Profile tab, Facebook allows you to have custom tabs where you deem necessary. Maximize but don’t misuse it
- Be very responsive to messages and comments on your page to show seriousness and that you value your customers.
- Make your page interactive. Create relevant, interesting discussions that are built around your company and product or the industry in general.
- Use the milestones feature to add business awards and accomplishments. Go to ‘timeline’ on your page and click ‘offer, event+’
- Use Facebook insights to know how your page is doing and if your target audience find your content engaging and interesting or not
- Add the Facebook button to your website
Targeted advertising is one of the beauties of Facebook. Facebook a variety of ads targeted towards a variety of people. When your target market has been well defined, using a Facebook Ad will be very profitable. Facebook has different ads set that either generate traffic to your website, boost likes and engagements for your page, install and promote your apps, direct people to your business, e-commerce platform or event. These ads will be specified as to the demographics you want to reach, the age group, the location, the Users interests amongst others
Facebook also ensure ads customization making it possible for you to have different customization for the different target audience. It also has a feature which is great as a means of response. When someone sees your ad, they have the option to view it or hide it.
When your ads are hidden and not viewed, Facebook ask the user to choose from some range of reasons why they made such choice. This sort of information can be useful for your marketing plans.
Tips for successful Facebook Ads
- Excellent market research must be done prior to the placing of the ad. Defining the target audience might be the single most important factor for success or for failure. A huge work needs to be done here
- When you choose an ad, Facebook lets you know what the bids are for similar ads, ensure that your bid is in line with what others in your industry are bidding
- Find out what words, phrases, images are of great interest to your target audience. Knowing what interests your target audience is very key to the whole process. This ensures that you are not just doing what you like but what your customers like.
- Focus initially on your existing customers and the fans on your Facebook page
- Use the Facebook audience insights to learn more about your demographics. ( ads manager under the ‘Tools’ drop-down menu)
- Use the ‘Lookalike audiences’ feature to see a lot of people who share the same demographics and interests with the people who for example have made a purchase or have followed the link to your website. This helps to reach more people who are like your best customers
Facebook group is also a medium that can be maximized by business enterprises for marketing. Facebook groups are like forums. Creating a Facebook group related to your product or to your industry can provide some advantages. It also works by you joining an existing group related to your product or industry where you can create networks with prospective customers
- When you click on ‘groups’ from ‘Profile’, Facebook also provides a list of suggested groups that will help in joining the right one.
- Facebook groups can also be created as a forum to render after sales and support services to customers.
- Tips for successful Facebook Groups
- Don’t be too self-focused. Let the group be about helping people, providing useful information, answering questions. With this, in the long term, you will find people who trust you and can rely on your offerings
- Use Facebook groups to provide traffic to your Facebook page
- Engage with potential customers on the groups. Know their real needs and wants, know the reasons for their dissatisfaction among others
- Turn your Facebook group to customer support. Use the interactions with customers to provide support
Facebook will continue to grow large and wide with greater audience and more relevant features to make users experience better. It is the wisdom of any business enterprise to make maximum use of the features provided by Facebook to improve their business, boost sales and establish better relationship with customers so they can stay ahead in the competitive business environment.
Also read: YouTube Marketing Tutorial